Do you find yourself dropping $5 per coffee simply because you like the fancy shmancy add-ons you get when going to Starbucks or your local coffee shop? Do you sometimes catch yourself fighting between wanting to get a tasty coffee, but not wanting to leave your home?
Worry no more, here are 3 easy to make recipes that will have your neighbors lining up wanting theirs.
1) Homemade Hazelnut Mocha Smoothies
- Brew 3 cups of espresso (or, again, if you don’t have a French Press, cheat with a slow-drip or pour-over) and pour it in a blender
- Blend the espresso with 6 ice cubes and 2 scoops of ice cream (vanilla is recommended, but chocolate and others work well too. You know what you like- just add it!)
- Add in a healthy dolop or 2 of Nutella
- Put in a cup of milk
- Blend, pour, garnish and enjoy as desired
2) Homemade Undercover Cappuccino
- Throw a cup of milk into a saucepan on medium heat
- Once it just barely starts to bubble, remove it from the heat
- Stir it until it reaches the thickness and frothiness that you like
- Make a cup of your favorite espresso (we cheat and use slow-drips when there’s no French Press around, and it ends up tasting just as good!)
- Pour together! A cappuccino should be 1/3rd espresso, 1/3rd steamed milk, 1/3rd foam
- Add syrups and whatnot to suit your taste
3) Creamy Vanilla Dessert Coffee
- Make 1 cup of your favorite coffee
- Pour in a powdered vanilla pudding mix (substitute 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, or 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream- whatever vanilla-y stuff you’ve got sitting around)
- Add 2 heaping teaspoons of sugar (or more, we’re not your doctor)
- Add 2 cups of milk
- Stir all of the ingredients, adding water slowly if you choose, to get a desired consistency (tasting while you mix is always recommended!)
- Put mixture in the refrigerator until you’re done with dinner, and then serve chilled with your friends
There you go, folks. You’ve now got the most interesting and creative coffee mixtures of all your friends, and they’ll be clamoring for more.